About Mr. Aaron D. Delgado, Esq.
I have always wanted to be a trial lawyer. There is nothing I enjoy more than being in the middle of a trial, cross examining a witness or delivering my closing argument to the jury, and pouring out every ounce of energy and passion I have left. When I go into a trial, I know the courtroom is where I belong.
I have always wanted to be a trial lawyer. There is nothing I enjoy more than being in the middle of a trial, cross examining a witness or delivering my closing argument to the jury and pouring out every ounce of energy and passion I have left. When I go into a trial, I know the courtroom is where I belong.
Florida Criminal Defense & Trial Attorney
I grew up overseas, the son of a US diplomat, and I lived all over the world until I returned to Florida to attend New College of Florida in Sarasota. I graduated with a degree in Economics and then attended the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While in law school I received the top grade in Tort Class (personal injury) and won a “book award” for my effort. I was also invited to join a law school publication, the Journal of Law Technology and Public Policy. My article, “Confessions of a Tennis Shoe Pirate,” was published before I graduated.
After graduating from law school with honors, I moved to Daytona Beach where I worked for a large local firm doing civil litigation. In a rare moment of courage only possible because I was too young to know the risks, I left that law firm and started my own practice.
Defending the Accused, Injured, and Wronged
Nationally Accomplished Trial Lawyer
In my time as a criminal defense trial attorney, I have received considerable recognition for my accomplishments. I am one of the youngest attorneys to be “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating possible and represents recognition by attorneys and judges of both my ability and professionalism.
Over the years, I have been asked to lecture on criminal law topics including professionalism and DUI defense. Since 2011, I have been honored by the Super Lawyers Publication as a “Rising Star” which recognizes attorneys under age forty who are at the top of their practice area. AVVO, which is an online attorney review site, ranks me “10/10 Superb.” I was also selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by the National Trial Lawyers Association based on my “exceptional performance as a trial lawyer.”
Criminal Defense Attorney Daytona Beach
I am proud to hold memberships in several notable organizations. In addition to being a member and vice-president of the Volusia Chapter of the Florida Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, I am a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and various State and Local Bar associations.
For three years, I served as the vice chair and chairman of the local Florida Bar Grievance Committee, which oversees and regulates lawyer misconduct. During that time, I was presented with a plaque for Meritorious Public Service in recognition and appreciation of meritorious service to the public and the legal profession via Chair Grievance Committee 7A. Since 2015, I have been a member of the Dunn-Blount American Inns of Court, Volusia-Flagler Chapter.
Board Certified Expert Criminal Trial Attorney
In 2016, after an extensive exam, I was award the designation of 'Expert' in Criminal Trial Law by the Florida Bar, and I am proud to be a Board Certified criminal defense attorney. Additionally, 2016 saw me elected as a Daytona Beach City Commissioner, which allows me to work hands-on in shaping policy and helping my adopted hometown of Daytona Beach.
Outside of my Firm, my passions include competition shooting, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts. I co-own a local gym and hold a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. In 2012, I won a world championship in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and look forward to defending my title for years to come. Wrestling is a lot like practicing law – it is intense, competition, “all or nothing” and my passion.
Trends In DUI Discovery: Leading Lawyers on Understanding Scientific Advances, Obtaining and Suppressing Evidence, and Analyzing the Role of Experts (Inside the Minds), (Co-Author), Paperback, October, 2010
'Confessions of a Tennis Shoe Pirate - Can Proper Pricing of Factors of Production Deter Copyright Infringement,' Journal of Technology Law & Public Policy, Volume 8, Issue 2, 2003
“Why We Do it,' Defender, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Magazine, 2014
'Representing Steven Avery,' Defender, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Magazine, 2016
'There and Back Again,' Defender, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Magazine, 2017
- AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- “10/10 Superb,', AVVO
- Selected by The National Trial Lawyers as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in 2013
- “Rising Star,' Super Lawyers Publication, 2012
- National Hispanic Scholarship Award
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Award
- Presented with a plaque for Meritorious Public Service in recognition and appreciate of meritorious service to the public and the legal profession via Chair Grievance Committee 7A
- Volusia County Bar Association
- National College of DUI Defense
- Life Member: Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (“FACDL”)
- Life Member: National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (“NACDL”)
- President (2014-present), Vice President (2011-2013), and Member: Volusia Chapter FACDL
- Chairman, Vice Chair, and Member: Florida Bar Grievance Committee (2012-2015)
- Dunn-Blount American Inns of Court, Volusia-Flagler Chapter (2015-Present)
- Daytona Beach City Commissioner Zone 2, Elected (2016-Present)
- 2004, Florida
- 2005, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2016, United States Supreme Court
Law School Attended
- University of Florida College of Law, Class of 2004, J.D., cum laude, with high honors
- New College of Florida, Class of 2001, B.A.
- Born in 1979
- Board Certified as an Expert in Criminal Trial Law by the Florida Bar